How does it work?
Polysomnography is the reference in terms of sleep tests nowadays. Electrodes placed on the head, face, chest, hands and legs monitor several factors such as breathing, CO2 levels, oxygen saturation, snoring, heart rate, position and movements. The simultaneous reading of all these signals enables the detection of sleep disorders. It is a complicated process to automate: an expert needs to analyze the data in every 30-second section recorded throughout the night.
What is the process behind polysomnography?
The idea is to analyze your sleep to determine whether or not you have sleep disorders. However, this process is long, tedious and expensive.
Let's look at how polysomnography takes place, from awareness of a potential sleep disorder to access to results and diagnosis:
- The patient's journey usually begins with a visit to their doctor,
- They are then sent to a sleep specialist who prescribes them a sleep exploration test,
- The delay before a sleep test is long because sleep study centres are saturated and waiting lists for appointments last several months,
- The night spent with bulky equipment and numerous cables remains an experience often badly lived, far from one's natural sleeping conditions,
- The patient will need to return regularly to the specialist, first for diagnosis and then for follow-up treatment.
As you will have understood, obtaining a medical diagnosis of your sleep is complicated. This complexity is a significant obstacle resulting in a very low diagnosis rate (only 20%) of respiratory pathologies whereas it multiplies the risk of death by three.
Save time and money
This difficulty of access to diagnosis has been a challenge for us. Given the health stakes, every person should have easy and unobstructed access to sleep analysis.
Sunrise, a revolutionary 3-gram sensor, uses the latest software and hardware technologies for simple, fast and effective sleep diagnosis. Our diagnostic sensor is a professional tool. It is also used by doctors every day.
Go from 8 months waiting for polysomnography to a few days to get your results and start improving your sleep.
If you or a loved one has had sleep problems, you finally have a way to find help without spending weeks, or even months, before a clinical quality diagnosis. Join our movement, and let's make sure no one has trouble sleeping well for generations to come.